The Anchor Magazine
The Anchor is a publication of Grace-St. Luke's Episcopal School. Published twice a year, this magazine highlights GSL's signature programs, students' transformative experiences, alumni profiles, and other exciting news from the GSL community.
The feature article in this issue highlights the benefits of attending a school with a preschool to eighth grade model, just as GSL is structured. Also in this issue, you’ll read about one of the unique experiences offered at GSL in each division:
- the Author Study Program in Pre-Kindergarten at the Preschool,
- the Fourth Grade Citizenship Breakfast in Lower School, and
- the Eighth Grade Internship Project in Middle School.
Plus, get updates on GSL alumni, including a special connection between two families that started at GSL many years ago and continues today. Read about all this and more!
In this issue:
- Preschool's two-year-old program - known as Little Lukers - is using technology with intention to support the social-emotional development of children.
- In Lower School, read how second grade is creating collaborative classroom environments with flexible seating.
- In Middle School, learn how a math lesson turned into a global project spanning multiple subjects over three of the four middle school years.
- Plus, get updates on GSL alumni and review the annual fund donor list. All that and so much more in this issue!
Enjoy the Spring 2017 issue of The Anchor.