"The Anchor" Magazine
"The Anchor" is a publication of Grace-St. Luke's Episcopal School. Published twice a year, this magazine highlights GSL's signature programs, students' transformative experiences, alumni profiles, and other exciting news from the GSL community.
The feature article in this issue of "The Anchor" focuses on our Episcopal Identity at GSL. Learn about the distinctive features of our Episcopal identity and how we express it as a school community. Also in this feature, you will learn more about:
- student acolytes,
- what the word Episcopal literally means,
- the GSL church-school relationship,
- and much more!
That’s not all! In this issue, you’ll also:
- meet GSL’s new Head of Lower School,
- learn how self-control leads to academic success,
- see what high schools the Class of 2019 students will be attending, and
- get great updates from many of our alumni.
In this issue, learn how GSL is incorporating design thinking into the classroom and helping develop creative problem solvers in all students. Also in this issue, you'll read about GSL's new strategic plan, its recent accreditation, and you'll meet the new faculty members. Plus, get updates on GSL alumni and review the annual fund donor list. All that and more is in this issue of "The Anchor!"
The feature article in this issue highlights the benefits of attending a school with a preschool to eighth grade model, just as GSL is structured. Also in this issue, you’ll read about one of the unique experiences offered at GSL in each division:
- the Author Study Program in Pre-Kindergarten at the Preschool,
- the Fourth Grade Citizenship Breakfast in Lower School, and
- the Eighth Grade Internship Project in Middle School.
Plus, get updates on GSL alumni, including a special connection between two families that started at GSL many years ago and continues today. Read about all this and more!