The Anchor Magazine
The Anchor is a publication of Grace-St. Luke's Episcopal School. Published twice a year, this magazine highlights GSL's signature programs, students' transformative experiences, alumni profiles, and other exciting news from the GSL community.
In this issue, learn how GSL is incorporating design thinking into the classroom and helping develop creative problem solvers in all students. Also in this issue, you'll read about GSL's new strategic plan, its recent accreditation, and you'll meet the new faculty members. Plus, get updates on GSL alumni and review the annual fund donor list. All that and more is in this issue of The Anchor!
The feature article in this issue highlights the benefits of attending a school with a preschool to eighth grade model, just as GSL is structured. Also in this issue, you’ll read about one of the unique experiences offered at GSL in each division:
- the Author Study Program in Pre-Kindergarten at the Preschool,
- the Fourth Grade Citizenship Breakfast in Lower School, and
- the Eighth Grade Internship Project in Middle School.
Plus, get updates on GSL alumni, including a special connection between two families that started at GSL many years ago and continues today. Read about all this and more!
In this issue:
- Preschool's two-year-old program - known as Little Lukers - is using technology with intention to support the social-emotional development of children.
- In Lower School, read how second grade is creating collaborative classroom environments with flexible seating.
- In Middle School, learn how a math lesson turned into a global project spanning multiple subjects over three of the four middle school years.
- Plus, get updates on GSL alumni and review the annual fund donor list. All that and so much more in this issue!
Enjoy the Spring 2017 issue of The Anchor.