The admissions process begins in the fall one year before the projected school year of entry (Fall 2019 for the 2020-21 school year).
If you are interested in a school year past 2020-21, please complete an inquiry form and we will add you to our mailing list for future admission notifications.
- Come for a school tour or attend an open house.
- Click here to apply online.
- Once we receive your application, you will be contacted to schedule an admissions assessment and visit for your child:
- All students entering LL, PK, and JK will come for an entrance assessment. LL applicants must be 2 by June 1, PK applicants must be 3 by June 1 and JK applicants must be 4 by June 1 to be eligible for our preschool programs.
- All students entering grades Senior Kindergarten (SK)-4 must submit records from their current school and be tested for admission by one of GSL's Grade SK-4 instructors. These tests are administered individually.
- All students entering grades 5-8 must submit records from their current school and take the Independent School Entrance Exam (ISEE); there are several group testing dates offered every year. Students seeking admission at this level are encouraged to spend a morning or an entire day visiting our classes.
5. Admissions Committee meets to review applicants. Admission notifications are sent in
February according to the MAIS admission notification guidelines.
6. After March 1, the waiting pool will be activated and new applications accepted until
all grades have filled.